Building your successful online dropshipping business is a challenge to face every day and, if you are reading this article, you are probably trying to figure out what the best tool to create your shop is, or you want to integrate the catalog of the supplier that’s right for you into your ecommerce.
What is dropshipping?
Dropshipping, as you know, is the sale of products to customers through a third party supplier who owns the inventory and ships the orders for you. You will take care of the online sales of your store, focusing on marketing and customer management, as well as on offers and promotions suitable for the time of year and for your customers, while your dropshipping supplier will manage the logistics operations for you.
Shopify dropshipping: what is it and how does it work?
Shopify is certainly one of the most used online sales platforms in the world. Creating your online store with Shopify is very simple and intuitive.
Whether you have your own product or want to sell via dropshipping, Shopify allows you to create an online store, to sell and receive payments, while ensuring stability, performance and security.
How to choose your dropshipping supplier?
Once you have created your ecommerce, you will need to select the dropshipping supplier to rely on and look for the app that gives you the ability to synchronize their products with your catalog. For example, thanks to BDroppy, once your site is configured with our fashion catalog, it will always be updated automatically.
If you don’t want to make mistakes in choosing your dropshipping supplier, follow these steps, we assure you that the professionalism of the supplier is essential to start a successful dropshipping business:
- To see their products you will need to register, beware of those who leave their catalog visible, it is often used as a decoy.
- They have a structured team and you will have a single reference person with whom to deal with, who will solve all your doubts.
- Forget suppliers who don’t keep up with technology. Online catalogs, automatic synchronization, responsiveness and orders via email are the must-haves.
- Do not trust those who look for you at all costs! It is you who must want to work with them, not the other way around.
- Their catalog features high-quality products belonging to well-known brands.
- They offer fast and tracked shipping.
Shopify dropshipping: PROS and CONS
Shopify allows you to have a real ecommerce site for your dropshipping, without the need to know about programming or web design. All you have to do is connect your domain to the platform, choose the theme of your store, integrate your supplier’s catalog, choose the price of each product and start selling to receive money directly to your PayPal or Stripe account.
Now let’s see together the pros and cons of starting your dropshipping business with a Shopify platform:
- There are several monthly plans, which means you can choose the one that best suits your needs. Also, if you wish, you can take a fourteen-day free trial to understand and test all its features.
- You will not need webmaster knowledge, you can build your shop thanks to simple and intuitive interfaces.
- Even the basic plan has a lot of functional templates for your online shop.
- Included in your subscription, you will have an optimized and performing hosting service on Amazon servers.
- Many payment methods are already integrated: PayPal or credit cards, up to the more traditional ones such as bank transfer and cash on delivery.
- 24/7 assistance via email, chat or phone
- Advanced features like reports, gift cards, and real-time shipping rates are only available on the more expensive plans.
- A subscription plan involves a fixed monthly cost, and most apps are paid.
- The cheapest subscription doesn’t let you create a complete ecommerce.
- There are transaction fees if you use third party payment gateways.
Would you like to sell the best dropshipping products on your Shopify store without big investments?
BDroppy is the right supplier for you, if you want reliability and a wide range of 100% original designer fashion items. Thanks to BDroppy, you can manage everything from a single dashboard and easily dropship on Shopify.
With the BrandsSync app, you can synchronize our catalog with your Shopify store, in a few simple steps you can sell all our products and start earning with your dropshipping business.